Over the last few weeks a Sunni satellite television station based out of the Gulf has begun attacking Shiites during its broadcasts raising new fears about sectarian tensions.The channel, named ‘Al-Khalijiyah’, has quickly become notorious for its attacks on Shiite Muslims and their religious authorities. In Najaf, the holy Shiite city, local residents say the channel has become a source of provocation.The channel says its main focus is to "spread awareness among Shiites and to show...
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
U.S. oil major Chevron is pressing forward with new drilling and exploration activities in Iraqi Kurdistan.
- Kurdistan export pipeline nearly complete
- Army brigade defects in disputed territories
- Maliki's Erbil visit opens door to oil talks
- In disputed territories, a thin line between politics and violence
- Tigris Oil luring investors for Salahaddin venture
- KRG gas plant's potential hangs on negotiations
- Q&A: Ali Musawi, Adviser to the Prime Minister
- Sectarianism, violence overtake political leadership
- Oil police killed along export pipeline, workers kidnapped
- Exxon, Chevron push Turkey-Kurdistan ties
Ben Lando discusses Iraq's historic milestones in oil production this year. Click here to watch.