- IS blows up another of their administrative buildings in Mosul
- Fuel supply in Mosul exhausted and IS unable to obtain more, food supplies running low
- Kataib al-Mosul claim several gun attacks against IS militants
- Rumors swirl of a permitted escape route for IS militants to minimise urban fighting
- Several villages liberated south of Mosul
- IS increases executes and kidnaps for human shields hundreds of civilians south of Mosul
Editor's Note: Iraq Oil Report gathers daily updates on security and humanitarian developments inside Mosul city and surrounding IS-held areas in Ninewa province from a network of local reporters, residents, resistance fighters, and IS militants. Because of the physical risks associated with information-gathering in these areas, these reports are not comprehensive, and many cannot be confirmed via multiple, reliable sources. Nonetheless, we believe there is a significant public interest in publishing this reporting, as it gives readers a view of the battle for Mosul from the opposite side of the front lines.
The Custom Research Service of Iraq Oil Report also collects hard data on violence in IS-held territory and compiles maps and analysis of trends. For more information, email Custom Research Service Director Jared Levy at CRS@iraqoilreport.com.