Prime Minister-designate Mohammed Allawi's partial list of proposed Cabinet positions has been made public.
The person tapped to lead Iraq's next government digs into the energy sector details of the plan he submitted to Parliament, ahead of a vote on his Cabinet.
Crude output remains well below capacity as the Oil Ministry continues to curtail state-operated fields.
In the midst of an unpredictable protest movement, Iraq's oil sector has avoided output disruptions and plans are on track for developing new production and export capacity.
Iraq's second-largest city is rebuilding, neighborhood by neighborhood, despite an uncertain trickle of government funding and fluctuations in political leadership.
More in Energy
Bashir Murad oversaw fields in the far reaches of northwest Iraq while developing high-level credentials with Baghdad.
- Oil exports into Iraqi Kurdistan give Syrian Kurds a financial lifeline
- Coronavirus fear disrupts staff rotation at major Iraqi oilfields
- Gas contract feud highlights Kurdistan’s political rivalries
- Iraqi oil exports and revenues drop in rough start to the year
- Nassiriya production returns as protesting tribe stands down
More in Politics
Whenever the media office of the Council of Ministers releases decisions of the Cabinet, Iraq Oil Report publishes a translation from the original Arabic.
More in Security
Less than a week after it was shut in, Nassiriya is back in operation following an agreement between the Dhi Qar Oil Company and local tribes demanding jobs.