- Army shells northern neighborhoods of Arabi, Kindi and Hadbah
- CTS continue to clear Karama neighborhood
- Federal Police still shelling in and around Mosul airport
- IS arrests dozens of families seeking to flee to Mosul’s liberated areas
- Airstrikes target IS weapons stores and supply routes on Left Bank
Editor's Note: Iraq Oil Report gathers daily updates on security and humanitarian developments inside Mosul city and surrounding IS-held areas in Ninewa province from a network of local reporters, residents, resistance fighters, and IS militants. Because of the physical risks associated with information-gathering in these areas, these reports are not comprehensive, and many cannot be confirmed via multiple, reliable sources. Nonetheless, we believe there is a significant public interest in publishing this reporting, as it gives readers a view of the battle for Mosul from the opposite side of the front lines.
The Custom Research Service of Iraq Oil Report also collects hard data on violence in IS-held territory, compiles maps and analysis of trends, and tracks economic indicators including commodity prices. For more information, email Custom Research Service Director Jared Levy at CRS@iraqoilreport.com.