A daily brief on activity inside Islamic State militant-held areas of Ninewa province, from Iraq Oil Report’s network of reporters and contacts.
Published Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
- Mosul resistance fighters launch multiple attacks on IS militants
- IS militants booby trap houses and bridges
- Smoke pollution worsens in Mosul from IS oil and tire fires
- More mass executions of civilians south of city
- Coalition strikes IS targets in Hamam al-Alil
Editor's Note: Iraq Oil Report gathers daily updates on security and humanitarian developments inside Mosul city and surrounding IS-held areas in Ninewa province from a network of local reporters, residents, resistance fighters, and IS militants. Because of the physical risks associated with information-gathering in these areas, these reports are not comprehensive, and many cannot be confirmed via multiple, reliable sources. Nonetheless, we believe there is a significant public interest in publishing this reporting, as it gives readers a view of the battle for Mosul from the opposite side of the front lines.
The Custom Research Service of Iraq Oil Report also collects hard data on violence in IS-held territory and compiles maps and analysis of trends. For more information, email Custom Research Service Director Jared Levy at CRS@iraqoilreport.com.